Avid Everywhere adds Adobe Premiere Pro support for collaboration
Avid announced an update this week to allow Adobe Premiere Pro CC users the ability to connect into Avid’s production environment through the MediaCentral Platform.
“The openness of the MediaCentral Platform enables us to fulfill our commitment to giving media professionals the integrated and collaborative workflows they need, regardless of the tools they choose to use,” said Alan Hoff, vice president, Market Solutions at Avid. “With Avid MediaCentral | UX Connector for Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC users can now benefit from the enhanced flexibility, efficiency and collaboration of Avid media management systems.”
The Avid MediaCentral | UX Connector for Adobe Premiere Pro CC presents the MediaCentral | UX user interface within the Adobe Premiere Pro CC user interface, allowing customers to connect their Adobe editors to Avid workflow solutions, including Interplay | Production, Interplay | MAM and iNEWS.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC editors can now:
- Register Avid Assets to Adobe Premiere Pro Projects for Editing in Place:
- Check out master clips in Adobe Premiere Pro-supported formats
- Check out simple sequences for in-place editing
- Send rendered sequences back to Avid
- Access Avid media not directly supported in Adobe Premiere Pro via optional conversion to MXF OP-1a and simple XML shotlists
- Search for media assets via the central Media | Index
- Chat with other MediaCentral | UX users
- Navigate database hierarchies
- See, add, and modify metadata