First look at the ACC Network studio
The ACC Network officially launches August 22, 2019, as the new 24/7 home of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The 2,800 sq. ft. studio for the network is based at ESPN’s Bristol campus, as ESPN is a partner in the network, with a set design from Jack Morton Worldwide.
Using Studio G in ESPN’s Digital Center 1, the studio includes:
- 4 Grass Valley LDX 86 4K capable cameras set to 1080p
- 3 Fully robotic Vinten camera pedestals
- 1 Mo-Sys Engineering eCrane with StarTracker virtual capabilities
- 2 Grass Valley LDC 4K capable cameras set to 1080p
- 2 Vinten Vantage PTZ Robotic camera heads
- 2 Creative Connors fully robotic telescoping pedestals integrated scenic pieces that create two hideaway “Camera in a Box” systems that blend seamlessly into the scenic design when not in use
- 2 98” Monitors
- 5 LED walls from Neoti
- 2 Touchscreens
- 6 Pak Talent Game viewing monitors (mobile)
- Teradek for iPad talent viewing
- Octo-Viz Addition for content feeds
- Touchscreen server refreshes
- 262 LED lighting fixtures lighting talent and scenic, including 38 color changing moving lights and 116 LED controllers wired and networked to the lighting board for all of the LED set elements
The also studio includes two cameras hidden inside scenic boxes with fully robotic telescoping pedestals to allow for shots of the interview area.