NBC gears up for NASCAR with ‘Live Extra’ interactive platform
NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs, will provide racing fans with unparalleled interactive digital access to every NASCAR Sprint Cup series race, including exclusive camera angles, custom diver information, and insider track information, beginning this 4th of July weekend when NBC Sports Group hits the ignition switch on its 10-year chapter as the home of NASCAR’s championship run.
When accessing NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR Sprint Cup series coverage on NBC Sports Live Extra, viewers will be able to experience NASCAR like never before, by selecting from curated video and infographic options including:
- Multi-view options that bring fans inside the race, combining NBC Sports Group’s race simulcast and alternative camera angles, ranging from in-car views to various key track locations. For the Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on July 5th, one specialty camera will offer an innovative speed shot from turn four, capturing the cars as they speed by at over 150 mph.
- Dedicated full-view, on-board alternate cameras.
- Additional features on the desktop/laptop experience, bringing fans comprehensive race-day information to their fingertips:
- Driver updates, cup standings, and biographies
- Track infographics with key facts and history
NBC Sports Live Extra will stream NASCAR coverage on NBC and NBCSN via “TV Everywhere,” giving consumers additional value to for their subscription service, and making high quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms. The NBC Sports Live Extra app is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store and Apple TV. For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra.