NBC Dallas facility gets LEED certification
View more images of this project...
Some of the building features that helped it earn its LEED rating include:
- More than a quarter of the total building materials used in construction, by volume, were from recycled material
- A white roof reduces building island heating effect and lowers heat load on the structure
- Water use reduction strategies include a native, drought tolerant landscape, which reduces water usage by 36 percent
- Energy management strategies result in a reduction of energy use by 28 percent
- Nearly 80 percent of construction waste generated from the project was recycled and diverted from landfills
- 70 percent of ongoing energy procurement will meet the “Green-e” definition for renewable power
- An interior design that maximizes natural light and open space, featuring north facing clerestory windows and glass front offices
- The development and implementation of a Green Education Program featuring an LEED instructional video for employees in addition to a locally led ergonomics program
With this announcement, the Studios at DFW becomes the Dallas-Ft. Worth region’s first LEED certified broadcast facility and one of only a few in the nation, according to the station.