Innovation, content and storytelling meet at NAB Show New York
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design and engineering delivered to your inbox.
The NAB Show New York will bring together the leading exhibitors, executives and broadcasting professionals for an action-packed two days focusing on how to move content and storytelling forward.
NAB Show New York, which is scheduled for Oct. 18 and 19 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, offers a series of on-floor education theaters: Focus FWD, Content FWD, Tech FWD and Create FWD:
- Tech FWD will feature leading industry organizations to present what’s hot, what’s new and what’s next in broadcast technology. The Tech FWD stage will showcase top trends in technology and explore the latest developments and uses in the satellite industry.
- The Content FWD stage will explore the ever-evolving business models with top executives in advertising, digital media and finance. From cloud services and advanced advertising to news and sports, attendees will take a deep dive into current practices, pressing issues and how major players are positioning themselves for the future.
- Whether spotlighting production case studies and media startups, or getting a behind-the-scenes look at live events, Create FWD will feature leading industry organizations to present the latest projects and technology in production, with a focus on New York and a salute to innovation.
In addition, a Focus FWD stage will feature the keynote presentations offering high-level insights and interactive conversations, that are relevant and informative to a wide range of broadcast professionals.
The “forward” theme is designed to provide an in-depth look at how dynamic, immersive experiences can connect the next generation of storytellers to progressive technology, innovation and thought leadership:
- Focus FWD Features are short chats and fast-paced thought-leadership presentations. These talks will reveal a surprising insight, pivot point or enlightening discovery.
- Lightning Talks, which are shorter and faster than Focus FWD Features are developed around a specific theme or topic, set in a highly entertaining and energetic tone.
- Featured Spotlights offering quick briefs on the latest innovations from a variety of industry leaders.
- Roundtable Sessions allow small groups to breakout into open discussions to share and generate new connections, ideas and best practices and even debate pros and cons.
Attendees will discover new strategies for advanced distribution, delivery and broadcasting from the heart of the media capital of the world, of the Javits center.
Exhibitors from around the world and in nine distinct segments of acquisition and production, connected media, content, display systems, distribution and delivery, management and systems, post-production, pro audio and sound, satellite products and services will showcase their latest offerings and provide live, in person demos, experiences and meetings with attendees.
Numerous educational seminars, panels and sessions from some of the biggest names in media will provide invaluable insight into the latest trends, technology and approaches to content creation, delivery and distribution.
The show will also give attendees an inside look at who’s who and what’s what in the New York City media community, with numerous experts, industry leaders and professionals from both across the city and globe converging to provide their unique perspectives.
In addition to the core exhibits and sessions, attendees can also enhance their experience with a variety of additional conference programming:
- TV2020: Monetizing The Future: A one-day program focused on all aspects of the Future of Broadcasting, as well as the ongoing spectrum repack and the industry’s transition to IP technology.
- TV On Wall Street: Wall Street’s perspective on the economic influences driving the evolution of the media business, from new technology to innovative investment opportunities.
- Facebook and Local Media: The focus of this half-day workshop is to showcase and analyze some of the best practices local media companies can use when working with Facebook.
- N.Y. Post | Production Conference: Two-days of training, presented in partnership with Future Media Concepts, available in one or two day packages.
- N.Y. Post | Production Workshops: Focus areas include two full day lighting workshops and one on the use of drones in broadcasting.
Register today for FREE at this link, exclusive for NewscastStudio readers.
The above content is sponsor-generated partner content. To learn more about sponsor-generated content, click here.