Adobe updates Creative Cloud with emphasis on titling, animation
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design and engineering delivered to your inbox.
The release, which is timed with the upcoming NAB Show, is focused on titling, animation, polishing audio, sharing assets and support for the latest formats, such as HDR, VR and 4K.
“Our heritage is taking complex challenges and simplifying them so you can concentrate on storytelling and professional, quality work,” said Steven Warner, vice president of digital media at Adobe in a release. “The newest Creative Cloud video release integrates the advanced science of Adobe Sensei to make common tasks faster and easier.”
The updated features include:
- Motion Graphics Templates now bring the power of After Effects to Premiere Pro through easy to use templates, allowing creators to add beautiful titles, animations and lower thirds to their videos and create custom motion graphics templates which can be shared via Creative Cloud Libraries.
- Essential Sound Panel in Premiere Pro lets users make audio mixes and sound improvements that in the past would have required a dedicated session by an audio engineer.
- Camera Shake Deblur in After Effects rescues unusable footage by reducing motion blur that often occurs with camera shake.
- Character Animator (beta) continues to invent the future of live animation with new technology that now animates multiple puppets created in Adobe Photoshop CC or Adobe Illustrator CC, and embraces full body animation with new walk cycles.
- Team Projects (beta) allows Creative Cloud for teams or enterprise members to have a secure cloud-first collaborative workflow with new support for Dynamic Link and Adobe Media Encoder to streamline collaboration.
- Ambisonic audio in Premiere Pro expands on its best-in-class native support for VR with positionally-aware audio for VR enabled platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
NewscastStudio took part in an exclusive look at the upgraded applications before the official release today, with the collaboration tools and the Essential Graphics Panel standing out as key features for the broadcast creative world.
With the workflows, a user could update and work on a file while another user was also editing on the timeline, allowing for collaboration across the office or country.
The new Essential Graphics Panel provides a “modern, intuitive way to create titles and motion graphics” with familiar controls similar to those in Photoshop and Illustrator.
In After Effects, you’re able to retain stylistic control across elements with versioning and set adjustment properties that can be tweaked in Premiere Pro, such as text, color, opacity. In Premiere Pro, the panel includes a redesigned type tool and motion graphics panel. Similarly, the sound panel has also been updated with a simplified workflow.
We also took a look at the new Character Animator CC (beta), which allows for on-the-fly animation and syncing, including for live streaming to Facebook Live.
The latest Adobe Creative Cloud updates are available today with subscriptions starting at $49.95/month for business users.