Avid Mainstage brings award-winning editors and mixers to NAB Show
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design and engineering delivered to your inbox.
Avid has announced the lineup for its Avid Main Stage presentations for 2019 NAB Show attendees looking to learn from the masters of media creation, this year featuring video and audio experts behind “Captain Marvel,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “The Orville,” “Venom” and “Westworld.”
The Mainstage events, held at Booth SU801, include creatives who worked on the following projects:
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” with Oscar-winning editor John Ottman, Monday, April 8 at noon and 4 p.m. and Tuesday, April 9 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- “Captain Marvel” with Saturn Award-nominated editor Debbie Berman, Tuesday, April 9 at noon and 4 p.m. and Wednesday, April 10 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- “The Orville” with Tom Costantino, ACE, editor and associate producer and Hillary Wells, assistant editor, Wednesday, April 10 at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” with Oscar-winning dialogue and ADR editor Nina Hartstone, Oscar-winning re-recording mixer Paul Massey and Oscar-winning music editor John Warhurst, Monday, April 8 at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. and Tuesday, April 9 at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- “Venom” with MPSE Gold Reel-winning re-recording mixer and sound editor Will Files, Monday, April 8 at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
“Mixing for TV,” with Emmy-winning re-recording mixer Scott Weber (“Westworld,” “Person of Interest,” Lost”), Wednesday, April 10 at noon and 4 p.m.
Post session interviews will be available on Avid Link, a free mobile and desktop app.
Avid executives will share their insights on key industry trends and developments at a series of educational conferences, including:
- Craig Dwyer, senior director, global strategic solutions and presales, will moderate a panel on “Collaboration Station: Market Leaders Unite for Breakthrough Newsroom in the Cloud” featuring speakers from Al Jazeera, Make.TV and Dejero on Monday, April 8 at 2-2:30 p.m. in room SL8224.
- Tim Claman, CTO and vice president of software engineering will join So Vang, NAB’s vice president of advanced technology for a session on “A Simplified Approach to Asset Management to Power Fast, Efficient and Collaborative Post-Production Workflows” on Thursday, April 11 at 10:40-11 a.m. in room N260.
- Ray Thompson, Avid director of broadcast and media solutions, will be participating in the future of the media data center panel hosted by Cisco at the Connected Media I IP Theatre on Wednesday, April 10 at 11 a.m. to noon in the Cisco booth.
Photo courtesy of Avid