Contribute to SetStudio
NewscastStudio counts on your contributions of set images! Our goal is to become the world’s largest source of images of news sets from around the world.
What types of set photographs we’re looking for…
- Photographs of sets (including home bases, secondary desks, weather centers, ports sets, interview sets, newsrooms and any other news sets). A wide variety of shots from around the set are best. These photographs can be professional or amateur taken with your digital or standard camera.
- Floor plans of sets
- Architectural elevations of sets
- Photographs of your station talent on set
- Video captures of set in use
- Images of past sets
- Photos of soon-to-be unveiled sets
- Short panoramic video clips of sets
- Video tours of sets
What types of set photographs we’re not looking for…
We do NOT accept images of movie, theater, event or corporate sets.
To contribute material, simply send your materials to the email address below. However, we ask that you consider these points:
- Photographs should be as clear as possible and in a good quality resolution
- If you’re taking the photographs yourself, you’ll almost definitely need to turn the studio lighting on. Work lights are normally not sufficient
- We prefer JPEG format
- We prefer MPEG, AVI, MOV videos. We cannot use videos with codecs.
- The total size of your email cannot be larger than 10MB. If you need to send larger files, particularly video clips, please email us first to arrange an alternate delivery method.
Though we make every effort to post images as quickly as possible, it may take several weeks for your images to appear.
Set information to include
It is helpful if you can include as much of this information as possible (but this is not required):
- Station call letters
- Station channel number
- Station city
- Station network affiliation
- Year set was installed
- Year set was decommissioned (if applicable)
- Firm or name of person who designed set
Credit of images
It is important to carefully consider the repercussions of having images credited to you — including possible disciplinary action from your employer. We cannot be responsible for any results of having images credited to you and therefore will only credit submitters if explicitly requested.
If you want your name or nickname used, please clearly state so in your email.
We respect your privacy
SetStudio will not release submitter information unless presented with a valid court subpoena. Once a submission has been processed the original electronic and/or hard copies are destroyed.
Contributing by email
Email is the best way to submit materials. You can email materials to the address below. Please do not email files larger than 10MB. If you need to send files larger than 10MB, email us a note to arrange an alternate method.
Remember to let us know if you’d like credit (see section above) in your message’s body.
Click here to send materials via email.
Submitting CDs, DVDs or prints
You can also mail hard copies of photographs or digital files on CD to the address below. If you want your disks or photos back, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage — otherwise, we will be unable to return the disks or prints.
The address is:
PO Box 1994
Columbia, MO 65205-1994
Terms and conditions
We try to use all images submitted, however, we do reserve the right to edit or reject submissions. You’ll receive a reply email from us let you know if we’re going to post your images or not.
By contributing images or other materials, you agree to our submission terms and conditions:
- Your first name or nickname, if provided, will be posted. By providing us with this information, you are acknowledging any potential repercussions of having your name associated with the posting and that you take full responsibility for any results.
- You understand that all images, comments and other material submitted may be posted on the World Wide Web for the general public to read, cite or otherwise use.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to edit, reject or classify any material for any reason.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse to remove any comments already posted on our Web site.
- Comments are subject to editing for grammar, spelling, content, space or other reasons, at our sole discretion.
- All comments become the property of NewscastStudio and may be reproduced on the World Wide Web or any other medium in existence or yet to be invented without compensation of any kind.
- By submitting images, you are certifying you are not submitting them for the purpose of initializing legal action against NewscastStudio or its owners.
- By submitting images, you are certifying you believe the images to covered under fair use and that you are reasonably sure legal action will not result from our use of the images.
- Our e-mail addresses and forms are intended for the sole purpose of contributing material to this Web site or contacting us regarding this Web site. Any material sent meant for television stations, networks or other entities not affiliated with NewscastStudio will be deleted with no reply and without any attempt being made to forward the material to the appropriate party. NewscastStudio cannot be responsible for messages sent to us meant for other parties.
- Comments are normally posted throughout the week, but may take up to two weeks to appear. Images are normally posted on the weekends only, but may take up to four weeks to be posted. You will be e-mailed if your material is posted (if you provide an e-mail address). Please do not e-mail us asking if your content will be posted until at least six weeks have past.
- Your e-mail address, if provided, may be added to the NewscastStudio mailing list and you will receive periodic mailings (in general, no more than one per month). If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, simply follow the instructions provided.
- By submitting materials, you certify you have read and agree to our copyright disclaimer.