Pro Sound Effects adds immersive new library
Pro Sound Effects recently added its newest library, Chicago Ambisonics.
Featuring three hours of immersive urban ambiences, Chicago Ambisonics includes software that allows sound editors and mixers to point “virtual microphones” in any direction with a variety of polar patterns for greater control and creativity.
This is the second Ambisonics library PSE has released following last year’s NYC Ambisonics.
“Chicago Ambisonics offers unparalleled flexibility and realism when mixing backgrounds for a project,” said David Forshee of Pro Sound Effects. “The B-format files give users the ability to tweak perspective of the city ambiences with software in real time to specifically match the setting of a scene.”
The Ambisonics format allows for versatile use of the library, as the recordings can be decoded to mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1 and beyond.
- 35 immersive Ambisonic recordings with average recording length of 6 minutes (14GB): 24-bit/96kHz broadcast .wav files. Choose between download or flash drive delivery.
- SurroundZone2 software by TSL Products: Gives editor full control over “virtual microphone” position and polar patterns. Available in 32-bit and 64-bit AAX, VST, and AU.
- Diverse Chicago Atmospheres: Including streets, parks, & subway
- 100% royalty-free license with 1-user and multi-user options
- Free sampler available for download: 2 full ambiences + software (778MB)