Zixi showcasing new version with Zen Master, enhancements to core platform
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design and engineering delivered to your inbox.
Zixi, the industry leader for enabling dependable, live broadcast-quality video over IP, today announced that the company will be featuring existing and new functionalities from the Zen Master control plane and core Zixi Platform at NAB Show 2019 Booth SU10102.
At NAB Zixi will be exhibiting existing capabilities such as:
- Zen Master, Zixi’s control plane to manage configure, orchestrate and monitor large scale deployments of the Zixi Enabled Network, Zixi Platform, devices and appliances
- 99.999% broadcast-quality reliability with hitless failover
- Security with a multi-layered approach including encryption and password protection, plus security enhanced by DTLS standards-based protection
- Zixi’s analytics suite which includes network, transport and content quality providing alerts, so any issues are immediately identified and located for rapid root cause analysis and resolution
Interoperability between multiple public cloud providers, as well as between multiple encode and decode partners
More than 50 industry-leading vendors have embedded Zixi into their encoders, decoders, IRDs, production switchers, ENG cameras and broadcast software tools.
Zixi facilitates end to end workflows across multiple vendors and environments and will be demonstrating extensive interoperability with such global leaders as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Synamedia, Ateme, Vitec, Kontron, Sencore, Arris, Harmonic, Amagi, Verizon, Telstra and Bitmovin.
This unparalleled Zixi Enabled Network provides the flexibility for world’s media organizations to source, manage and deliver live and live linear video over IP.
In addition to the existing capabilities, Zixi is releasing a new version 13 with:
- Zen Master with enhanced broadcast workflow visualization and root cause analysis capabilities to further increase the speed of deployment, ease of implementation at scale while reducing costs
- Advanced business analytics and AI driven quality scoring to provide a comprehensive view into live video delivery workflows, video and audio health, enabling real-time decision making Zixi transcoding simplifies the complex effort of delivering high-demand live OTT events to any device by taking in the live stream and transcoding to a wide range of protocols including MPEG-TS, RTP, UDP, MMT, WebRTC, HLS, DASH and RTMP and in the latest release with AAC-HE Audio Encoding, audio sample rate conversion, 10-bit HDR color encoding on NVIDIA and many new features
- In addition to AWS and AWS MediaConnect integration, Zixi will be demonstrating Zen Master integration in to Microsoft Azure giving customers the flexibility to deploy in their preferred infrastructure or across hybrid infrastructures
“Zixi has been growing at an exponential rate, and we have been actively developing new features and functionality being requested by our rapidly expanding customer base, as well as those we have identified as imperative for future adoption,” said Gordon Brooks, executive chairman and CEO, Zixi in a statement. “We look forward to demonstrating these new capabilities, as well as gaining additional feedback from our clients who depend on Zixi for their mission critical content delivery.”
On April 7, 2019, in recognition of years of innovation in support of the broadcast community, Zixi will accept the 2018 Emmy Award for Pioneering Reliable Transmission Method for Live Contribution and Distribution TV Links by the Technology & Engineering Achievement Committee of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Zixi Vice President Eric Bolten will be presenting on the topic of Zixi for cloud encoding and playout in the Bitmovin booth, SU9110, at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 9, to be followed by a cocktail hour.
Bolten will also be participating on the Live Streaming and OTT panel at Avid Connect on April 6 from 1:50 to 3 p.m. in the Aria Orovada Ballroom.
As a founding member of the Reliable Internet Stream Transport Activity Group and the TR-06 specification from the Video Services Forum, Zixi co-founder and CTO Uri Avni will be speaking at the group’s panel at 2 p.m. on April 9 in the South Hall Learning Lab, Room S210, of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Avni and the panel will provide a detailed overview of the technology, as well as plans for future adoption of the standard.