March 27, 2012

NBC New York to debut new set on April 21

NewscastStudio has received word from our tipsters inside the GE Building that WNBC-TV will debut its new home on April 21. Stay tuned.

Tagged: , , ,

COMMENT ON THIS STORY USING FACEBOOK

8 Responses to “NBC New York to debut new set on April 21”

1. Truly ugly. You would think a major station in a major market with a forward thinking company like Comcast would create a set of distinction instead of mediocrity tower1

2. Saw YouTube video of WNBC's 6PM open from April 21. The set and theme music looked good. WNBC retired NBC Collection theme music by Gari Media Group. New theme music selection seems to be somewhat of a surprise (maybe to some)... WNBC picked the KNBC theme music by Groove Addicts, instead of the new NBC O&O theme music by 360 Music. Eric

3. [...] Newscaststudio.com reports the oft-delayed move to the former NBC Nightly News home at Studio 3C will debut Saturday. [...] WNBC Reportedly Set to Debut New Studio Saturday - FishbowlNY

4. I don't know if NBC is planning to give WTVJ Miami news set a makeover in the coming weeks or months... Clickspring designing a set for the Miami O&O. WTVJ's been needing a new set for quite some time. Eric

5. Not sure who did the corrected set, but Clickspring did the original. Word is it looked too much like other sets in the NYC market. Clickspring does nice work, but they all feel like part of the same set. Maybe that has finally caught up with them? Anonymous

6. I hate generic sets and theme music within the same company. This cookie-cutter local news format is the same all over the U.S. Remember Walter Cronkite, delivering the CBS Evening News "Direct from our newsroom in New York...?" Anyway, I hope that NBC remembers its history and changes the name of the studio from 3C to 3H. They had to combine 3C with remnants of 3H to build this new studio for WNBC. 3C...just too many 'E's'. 3H was NBC's experimental TV studio in the 1940's I think 3H sounds better. Now, WNBC is in a converted conference room they named Studio 7E since they had to vacate historic Studio 6B for Jimmy Fallon. Ralph Hahn

7. [...] **New York market -  According to NewscastStudio.com…a tipster from inside the GE Building tells them that WNBC New York to debut new set on April 21.  [...] Stories Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 : Media News At This Hour

8. I assume that WNBC has went with Clickspring Designs for its new set... looks nice to me. I assume that WNBC will likely get new on-air graphics, as well as new theme music ("NBC O&O News Theme" by 360 Music). New NBC O&O theme music... KNSD San Diego, WCAU Philly, and WVIT Hartford-New Haven got them in 2011... I believe WMAQ Chicago and KXAS Dallas-Ft. Worth got them in early 2012... and I assume that KNBC L.A., KNTV San Francisco, WRC D.C., and WTVJ Miami will likely get them in 2012 as well. Eric