Behind FX’s digital backgrounds
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design and engineering delivered to your inbox.
NewscastStudio reader Matt asked for more details on FX Group’s new digital backgrounds offering. Our podcast has an interview with FX CEO Mack McLaughlin, but here’s some details FX has shared with us:
- The product is still in development
- The product will consist of high-quality 3D images designed for standup and franchise reporting against an existing chroma key wall
- Backgrounds are optimal for special reports, franchises such as health, sports and consumer news or the upcoming election and Olympics
- Backgrounds will coordinate with existing FX set styles for a cohesive look but will also work as a standalone element
- The product will be launched within the next few months
- No pricing has been determined, but there will be package pricing
- The product files will not be available for on-demand downloads; though online previews will be available
- A full Web site will be launched soon with more information, so watch www.fxdigitalbackgrounds.com
If you’re at RTNDA@NAB, stop by FX’s booth (R319) to enter to win a certificate to win $5,000 worth of the FX Digital Backgrounds product.