Mueller Report drops in and out of news cycle over holiday weekend
The Mueller Report continued to occupy the network news cycles over the holiday weekend.
On Easter Sunday, NBC News‘ “Meet the Press” had extended coverage of the report after leading with the Sri Lanka church bombings.
Although not billed as a “special edition,” the show’s open featured imagery of Robert Muller, William Barr and Donald Trump.
The show also featured an extended package overviewing the report’s contents using a variety of animations and pull-quote style graphics.
By Saturday, the Mueller Report had fallen off as a top story — though it was still covered on cable and broadcast.
- “ABC World News Tonight” with “breaking news” of a tiger mauling at the Topeka, Kansas, zoo.
- “Good Morning America” lead with the weather.
- “CBS Weekend News” also lead with the tiger attack.
- “CBS This Morning” also lead with the weather.
- “NBC Nightly News,” meanwhile, lead with the anniversary of the Columbine school shooting.
- “Today” lead with weather coverage.
On Sunday all three networks lead with the church bombings on their respective morning shows (though “CBS This Morning” does not air a Sunday edition, “CBS Sunday Morning” did cover both the bombings and Muller Report in its headlines segment).
The latest in design, production and engineering
Subscribe to NewscastStudio for the latest delivered straight to your inbox.
ABC, ABC News, ABC World News Tonight, AM Network News Roundups, CBS, CBS News, CBS Sunday Morning, CBS This Morning, CBS Weekend News, Face the Nation, Good Morning America, meet the press, MSNBC, Mueller Report, NBC, NBC News, NBC Nightly News, PM Network News Roundups, this week, Today
Broadcast Design, Broadcast Industry News, Cable News, Featured, Graphics, Network Newscast