Mueller Report drops in and out of news cycle over holiday weekend
The Mueller Report continued to occupy the network news cycles over the holiday weekend.
Although not billed as a “special edition,” the show’s open featured imagery of Robert Muller, William Barr and Donald Trump.
The show also featured an extended package overviewing the report’s contents using a variety of animations and pull-quote style graphics.
By Saturday, the Mueller Report had fallen off as a top story — though it was still covered on cable and broadcast.
- “ABC World News Tonight” with “breaking news” of a tiger mauling at the Topeka, Kansas, zoo.
- “Good Morning America” lead with the weather.
- “CBS Weekend News” also lead with the tiger attack.
- “CBS This Morning” also lead with the weather.
- “NBC Nightly News,” meanwhile, lead with the anniversary of the Columbine school shooting.
- “Today” lead with weather coverage.
On Sunday all three networks lead with the church bombings on their respective morning shows (though “CBS This Morning” does not air a Sunday edition, “CBS Sunday Morning” did cover both the bombings and Muller Report in its headlines segment).