Adobe updates Creative Cloud with virtual reality, many new features
Subscribe to NewscastStudio's newsletter for the latest in broadcast design, technology and engineering delivered to your inbox.
Ahead of the NAB Show, Adobe has announced a series of Creative Cloud updates for its broadcast and film production tools, including the addition of virtual reality in Premiere Pro CC.
The updates, which touch many of the platforms tools from motion graphics to collaboration, will be on display at Adobe’s booth (SL 3910) and in 120 partner booths across the show floor, with a launch slated for early summer.
NAB Show Central presented by Leyard
Explore the latest news, product updates and product reports from the 2017 NAB Show in our special section, brought to you by Leyard, the leader in display technology and fine-pitch LED.
Read More of Our Coverage →
“There’s rapid change happening in the digital landscape with video now the fastest growing media type across social media platforms and OTT shaking up broadcast and film,” said Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe in a statement. “Adobe is transforming the industry with Creative Cloud and Primetime by helping customers create beautiful content to engage viewers and technologies that monetize content that audiences care about.”
- Premiere Pro CC will add virtual reality capabilities, including “field of view” mode for spherical stitched media.
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work, while importing their video and audio files in the background.
- Powerful proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC enable users to easily work with heavy 8K, HDR and HFR media, so editors can switch between native and proxy formats freely – even on lightweight machines.
- Enhanced Lumetri Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier for all filmmakers.
- New video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience.
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to easily tag puppet layers easily and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly.
- New Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables anyone to mix audio content with professional results.
- Quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site.
The latest in design, production and engineering
Subscribe to NewscastStudio for the latest delivered straight to your inbox.