Adobe releases latest Creative Cloud updates for video editing, creation
Adobe announced its latest Creative Cloud updates today, which will be showcased during the upcoming IBC2017 show in Amsterdam.
The changes, which impact a variety of Adobe products, focus on virtual reality (VR)/360, animation, motion graphics, editing, collaboration and Adobe Stock, with many of the advancements powered by Adobe’s AI platform Sensei.
“Video is the fastest growing medium in communications and entertainment. Whether you’re an online creator, global media company or filmmaker, you need to deliver world class content across all platforms and formats at incredible speed,” said Bryan Lamkin, senior vice president of Digital Media at Adobe. “Adobe is breaking new ground in collaboration, social sharing and analytics to accelerate workflows for all video creators.”
- In April 2017, motion graphics templates were introduced, bringing the power of After Effects to Premiere Pro through easy-to-use templates. Editors wanting to work with dynamic, professional graphics or graphics packages created in After Effects, such as titles, lower thirds, bumpers and closing credits, will soon be able to access motion graphics templates right in Adobe Stock and through Creative Cloud Libraries. In addition, Adobe has made usability improvements to the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro, including responsive design options for preserving spatial and temporal.
- Character Animator 1.0 is unveiled with changes to core and custom animation functions, such as pose-to-pose blending, new physics behaviors and visual puppet controls. Adobe Sensei helps improve lip-sync capability by accurately matching mouth shape with spoken sounds.
- Virtual reality video creation will be possible with a dedicated viewing environment in Premiere Pro. Editors can experience the deeply engaging qualities of content, review their timeline and use keyboard driven editing for trimming and markers while wearing the same VR head-mounts as their audience. In addition, audio can be determined by orientation or position and exported as ambisonics audio for VR-enabled platforms such as YouTube and Facebook. VR effects and transitions are now native and accelerated via the Mercury playback engine.
- With the release of Project Locking in Premiere Pro, Adobe has improved collaborative workflows on the Local Area Network with managed access features that allow users to lock projects and provide read-only access to others. Formerly in beta, the Team Projects service will offer smoother collaboration workflows hosted in Creative Cloud and the ability to more easily manage versions and auto-saves.
- Adobe Audition adds flexible session organization to multi-take workflows and continuous playback while editing. Powered by Adobe Sensei, auto-ducking is added to the Essential Sound panel that automatically adjusts levels by type: dialogue, background sound or music.
The updates from Adobe will be available for download and update later this fall.