NewTek upgrades NDI, adding Unreal support, 4K, unlimited video channels
“The last video standard will be IP, and it’s our mission to make sure that we leverage every opportunity to bring the power of computers, software and networks with NDI to increase the speed and efficiency of video storytelling,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and CTO of NewTek in a release.
“NDI and computer networks give you infinitely more flexibility than you could have ever had in an SDI world. All NDI devices are connected and automatically discovered with every other, and our software-centric focus lets us develop revolutionary new approaches to things like NDI recording, where true multi-cam editing is now a reality.”
Updates to NDI include:
- Capability to record an unlimited number of NDI video channels with full synchronization, in any video or audio format, including 4K and above.
- NDI recording supports alpha channel, any number of audio channels, and works with 16bpp sources at full precision. The free NDI SDK will include all recording tools.
- Improvements in video quality without an increase in bit-rate, support for a 16 bit video path, and many more input and output colors formats.
- NDI 4 provides support for a discovery server allowing for the use of a server or the cloud to coordinate and connect all sources.
- NDI|HX is fully integrated into the NDI Embedded SDK.
- Added support for Epic Games Unreal Engine, allowing apps created in Unreal to appear as NDI sources.