News outlets creating interactive features for Notre Dame fire coverage
News organizations have begun publishing a variety of interactive features that showcase the structure of Notre-Dame de Paris and the damaged caused by the fire Monday, April 15, 2019.
- NBC News has a “scrolling” interactive page that, as you scroll down, recreates the timeline of the fire as well as showcasing the various areas of the building. Other storytelling includes a look at what parts of the structure and the relics in contains were saved.
- CNN created a video “tour” of the building using Google Maps that pinpoints details about the fire and cathedral.
- BBC also included a page with a combination of infographics and photos.
- The New York Times built a more traditional page that elegant 3D models of the building combined with photos that guide you through the various damage and parts of the building.
- USA Today created an interactive infographic near the bottom of this story.
- Numerous outlets have also created images or galleries with a vertical “bar” the user can move left and right to see “before” and “after” photos of the building — including Euronews, CNN, Spectrum News and more. Local Wisconsin station WSAW also combined photos from one of its assignment editors with photos from wire services and other sources.
This is a developing story. We’ll update this list as new interactive features are published.