Fox Sports Australia Studio A
- Artarmon, Australia
- Fox Sports
The Churchill Studio (Studio A) update for Fox Sports Australia debuted in 2017, replacing a look from 2014. Used for over 10 programs on the network, this flagship studio is the largest of the network’s spaces, which also includes Studio B and an off-site studio for Fox Sports News Australia.
The Setups Include:
- Backpage: A large debate-style desk with flexible seating configurations backed with a large video wall and flanked with LED towers. The look is accented with thin lighting frames and textured header.
- Friday Night Footy: A weekly talkback and panel interview show, “Friday Night Footy” includes more color through the use of team branding. The show uses the large mobile monitor wall with architecturally framed windows.
- League Life: The studio’s large video wall is fed with lively, colorful graphics, as are mobile video wall towers moved into place on either side of the smaller, more discussion-style desk. The scenery’s color changing elements are changed to match the motion graphics package.
- Monday Night with Matty Johns: In this relaex setup, a large oval unit with curved couch is placed in front of the window-like structure. Video towers help fill in the side walls, which the look takes full advantage of color changing units.
- Sunday Ticket: A less formal discussion style setup with riser and chairs and ottomans positioned to use both a set of arched, industrial style windows with girders and backlit header elements as well as a set of staggered video towers and a mobile standup monitor.
- The Late Show: A curved red sofa is placed in front of the bank of faux windows, which are given a unique look thanks to both LED technology and strategic lighting design. Described as playful and fun, this show help’s kickoff the weekend early with jokes and a good time. Other elements include angled LED ribbon units and video towers as well as a studio audience.
Producer: Matt Harrington / Fox Sports Australia
Production Design: Phil Shearer of Crayon Design Studio
Art Direction: Tony Papp
Lighting Design: Dale Martin
Project Management and Documentation: JHD Group
Fabrication by: Wild Sets, PreSets and Greg Murphy Sets