CBS N.Y. gets in on the fun with Lonnie Quinn action figure promo
CBS’s owned station in New York City is blasting back to the Saturday mornings of the past with a weather promo for a Lonnie Quinn action figure.
The action figure comes with accessories (sold separately, of course) — including a mini CBS 2 branded umbrella and play version of the station’s Mobile Weather Lab vehicle.
Also “available” is a winter outfit along with a “roll up sleeve action” feature.
Pulling the string on the back of the figure triggers it to spout “Lonnie-isms” — but, of course, batteries aren’t included.
Thanks to a filter put over the entire promo, the spot and musical track, the spot has a distinct 1970s and 1980s tone.
“Lonnie Quinn Action Figure” was created by the same team who created the “Gotta Listen to Lonnie” campaign WCBS aired back in 2014.
Unfortunately, the doll and accessories aren’t actually available for purchase.
- Bruce Erik Brauer: SVP Creative Services, Director
- Lee Grossman: Director: Promotions and Marketing
- Doug Holly: Design Director
- Danielle Jones: Editor
- Jennifer Hancox: Senior Writer/Producer
- Rosie De La Cruz: Production Assistant
- Erik Brauer: Director of Photography
- Huttemberg Nassar: Gaffer
- Vladimir Francois: Key Grip
- Kate Wignall: Props Manager / Designer
- David Brown II: Best Boy Electric
- David Curtin: Sound
- Tim Dennis: Production Assistant
- Caitlin Jones: Casting Director; Casting Society of America
- Monica Rock: Makeup and Hair
- Prop Boxes and Mobile truck wrap: Signarama Hartsdale
- Music Composed: Stephen Arnold Music
- Voice Over: Steve Kamer, Atlas Talent Agency
The latest in design, production and engineering
Subscribe to NewscastStudio for the latest delivered straight to your inbox.