The Weather Company rebrands Max Engage to include Watson name
The Weather Company has renamed its Max Engage solution to incorporate parent company IBM’s Watson brand.
Max Engage added Watson integration earlier this year, but the new name reflects an increased focus on expanding the offering’s capabilities to include the latest industry trends:
- Automated content: Automatically create and publish mobile weather videos.
- Semi-automated content: Skip the recording process and publish videos with two clicks.
- Support for digital and broadcast content: Link a Watson event trigger to two sources of content to have content formatted for broadcast and digital distribution. This ensures content always looks native to the platform.
- New traffic triggers (Max Traffic required): These weather event triggers now include traffic flow data. Users can trigger on drive times and get notified when a traffic segment is slowing down.
- New social capabilities (Max Social required): The Twitter video time limit has been extended to the full 60 seconds. For automated or semi-automated content, you can have videos up to 2 minutes 20 seconds in length when posting to social only.
- The Max Engage with Watson interface now supports tagging for Facebook.
- Support for sponsored content allows the station to monetize Facebook content.
- Control panel: The new internal control panel allows our development and support teams to track performance and ensure the highest reliability for users.
- Improved interface for geo-fences: Usability improvements have been made to the Publisher interface allowing users to set up geo-fences on the fly.
- Impact time range: Publishers can define a range of time for the impact capability so that a video can be relevant for a specified period of time and show up in the hourly for that time frame to increase video views.
- Multi-channel support: An additional license can publish to dedicated mobile weather and news apps. This also allows stations to post to another station for duopolies.
The latest in design, production and engineering
Subscribe to NewscastStudio for the latest delivered straight to your inbox.
IBM Watson, Max Engage, The Weather Company
Featured, TV News Weather Graphics, TV News Weather Graphics Systems, Weather