Walk and Wander

Walk and Wander” is a term, coined by NewscastStudio, for a shot that has become common on television news or other productions where the control room cuts to a camera, typically a handheld one or a jib, that is aimed at a video wall, panel or screen displaying a graphic or other imagery. Often these shots will feature subtle movement within the studio space, hence the “wander” part. The shot is is closely combined with “Video On Video,” another NewscastStudio coined term and is often used in tandem with it. A similar term also used is “floating camera.”

Sign up for NewscastStudio's weekly newsletter.Our weekly newsletter delivers the latest broadcast industry news to your inbox including new debuts, case studies, thought leadership and broadcast gear updates.